creates MS SQL Server & Azure database backups,
Zips, Encrypts and sends backups to a folder, FTP, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, Amazon S3 or Windows Azure Storage.
Runs on a flexible Schedule, sends e-mail confirmations on job success or failure
Makes full, differential or transaction log backups, runs custom scripts, backs up file folders, allows viewing of the results on the web and more.
What can SQL Backup And FTP do?
SQL Backup And FTP is MS SQL Server backup software that runs scheduled backups (full, differential or transaction log) of SQL Server or SQL Server Express databases (any version), runs file/folder backup, zips andencrypts the backups, stores them on a network or on an FTP server or in the cloud (Amazon S3 and others we're constantly adding more), removes old backups, and sends an e-mail confirmation on the job's success or failure. It can also backup remote/hosted databases using script backup.
What's unique about SQL Backup FTP software?
- Simple: SQLBackupFTP is unique in its simplicity - the whole "set it and forget it" job can be mastered in a single form with no tabs in a minute or two.
- All-in-one: The whole backup - zip - ftp - confirm process is integrated as 1-2-3 (4)
- Reliable: Created by a US based software company with years in .NET and SQL Server experience
How is SQLBackupAndFTP used?
SQLBackupFTP is ideal for any SQL Server database from which backups have to be sent daily to a remote FTP server. It is especially useful for SQL Server Express 2005 and SQL Server Express 2008, since they don't have built-in in tools for backup, but it can be used in any SQL Server Version.
- Local Instances when SQLBackupAndFTP is installed on the server (Backups are done using BACKUP DATABASE command)
- If you use shared hosting and can connect to your SQL server using SQL Management Studio (SQLBackupAndFTP generates script (T-SQL) files to restore database)
When it should not be used
SQLBackupAndFTP is made to be simple. While for majority if users this is a huge advantage, some specific configurations are not handled. You should not use SQLBackupAndFTP if:
- If you use shared hosting and can not connect to your SQL server using SQL Management Studio
- If you want to backup MySQL. For MySQL, use another product - MySQLBackupFTP
Why you shouldn't be reading this
If you've got this far down the page - you've spent too much time reading. In the same amount of time you could have downloaded SQLBackupAndFTP Free (a meager 0.8MB) and tested all of the features yourself - it is a one page application with all of its features immediately clear.