Database structure modeling, generation and modification focused on PostgreSQL
The MicroOLAP Database Designer for PostgreSQL
is an comprehensive CASE tool with intuitive graphical interface allowing you to
- build a clear and effective database structure visually,
- see the complete picture (diagram) representing all the tables, references between them, views, stored procedures and other objects,
- easily generate a physical database on a server,
- modify it according to any changes you made to the diagram using fast ALTER statements,
- import already existing diagram from the server,
- export diagram to the common graphic formats or as SQL script,
- create detailed printings and reports.
Inside Database Designer for PostgreSQL
- Database Representation
- Place objects of your database on a diagram, a virtual sheet of paper. See and realize the structure of your database and its objects: tables, views, stored procedures, functions and relationships between them. Construct schemas, domains, tables, indexes, columns and triggers.
You can import already existing databases to a diagram by reverse engineering.
- Easy Database Generation and Maintenance
- With the database designer you can quickly create a ready-to-use PostgreSQL database with a few clicks, and then keeping its structure up-to-date by synchronizing it with the changes you made to a visual diagram. Simply change the diagram — Designer will generate complex SQL statement for database modification to bring it to the state of diagram keeping data in safe. Moreover, you can synchronize several databases to the state of your diagram.
- Documentation: Printing, Generating Graphics and Reports
- Generate powerful reports that describe all the database objects within your diagram. You can export graphical representation of diagram to EMF, JPEG, PNG, GIF and other popular formats or print the diagram out on multiple pages.
Database Designer for PostgreSQL makes the process of database creation clear and simplifies maintenance of the databases. All the operations performed in a fast, handy and intuitive interface.
The product designed for popular PostgreSQL database server and takes into account all its features including:
- PostgreSQL's extensions to SQL syntax;
- stored procedures and functions, triggers and views;
- constraints and foreign key references;
The product can extract tables, attributes, relationships, indexes and other objects from existing databases includingPostgreSQL, Microsoft Access, MySQL, Sybase ASE/ASA, Oracle, Informix, MSSQL, DB2, DBF and many others that accessible through OLEDB or ODBC and import (reverse engineer) them into your diagram.
In the end, you'll get a Physical Entity Relationship Model (ER Model) that can be exported in SQL script, or directly executed on working PostgreSQL database server. After making changes to a diagram, you can synchronize existing PostgreSQL database with it by using Database Modification tool.
- Simple physical database creation by using a wizard;
- Database structure generation;
- Database modification: generation of ALTER statements to bring a database to the state of the diagram;
- Reverse engineering (import) of existing databases from multiple sources;
- Export of a diagram to popular graphics formats;
- Database structure reports generation;
- Cheking a diagram for errors;
- Merging of diagrams;
- Ability to print diagram out on multiple pages;
- Support of PostgreSQL server starting from 7.4 and a partial support of PostgreSQL 7.3;
- Works natively under Windows OS family and Linux under Wine/WineHQ.
Database Designer for PostgreSQL 1.10.6 available
New release introduces enhanced support for Windows 10 and optional anonymous statistics functionality.
Full change log:
[!] Anonymous statistics module added (optional)
[!] Enhanced Windows 10 support by new compiler introduced
[*] Performance optimizations in error logging
[-] "EAccessViolation (Bug B21C0000) after reference deletion" bug fixed
[-] "Range check error in processes information for x64 machines" bug fixed