FastReport VCL is an add-on component that allows your application to generate reports quickly and efficiently. FastReport® provides all the tools necessary for developing reports, including a visual report designer, a reporting core, and a preview window. It can be used in Embarcadero (ex Borland and CodeGear) Delphi 7-XE8 and C++Builder 2005-XE8, Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 Seattle.
Report generator FastReport VCL is a modern solution for integrating Business Intelligence in your software. It has been created for developers who want to use ready-made components for reporting. FastReport VCL, with its simplicity of use, convenience and small distribution size is able to provide high functionality and performance on almost any modern PC.
Why did Embarcadero Technologies and thousands of other world leading companies choose to support FastReport?
The multitude of features and ease of use! Let's list the benefits which FastReport VCL offers!
Fast and reliable engine for report production
Yes, that is what heavy corporate reporting requires! FastReport is specifically optimized for speed and every day proves itself on heavy workloads in real businesses! If your clients want to get reports quickly - then they just need FastReport!
These are the capabilities of just report production engine:
- Band-oriented report generator. A wide range of band types allows the creation of any kind of report
- Code-based reports
- Multi-page and multi-template reports
- Cross-tabs allow creation of tabular reports with complex row and column headers from a single dataset, either a table or a query. (For full OLAP reports, we suggest you use FastReport OLAP instead)
- Interactive reports
And all of these features can be combined in a single report!
- Powerful modern editor which includes a large set of tools for visually designing and modifying report templates
- Can be incorporated into your application to give users their own report design!
- Clean and simple classic interface - business users like to work with the designer straight away, without taking six months of orientation!
- Report Wizard - even easier than using the visual designer - step by step report creation!
- Separate tabs for "Design", "Data" and "Code" - a full-featured report development environment!
We place great importance on the protection of your data.
- Source code. Professional and Enterprise Editions of the product include all the source code for FastReport. This is very beneficial for companies that want to adapt the product to their own special needs. Avoid ‘rogue’ components and be in full control of all your software code, giving you absolute security!
- Reports only have access to data specified by your application and data can be made read only
- Encrypted templates and reports (by Rijndael-like algorithm). Data can protected by a secure document password
- Web-based reports support the use of secure channels
Flexibility and Interactivity
- Built-in script shell that supports 4 languages: PascalScript, C++ Script, BasicScript and JScript
- Interactive forms, drill-down (drop) reports, call another report with detailed information from the preview window with one mouse click
- Flexible and open architecture. If FastReport doesn’t do enough for you, you can enhance it by creating and connecting your own objects (export filters, functions and database engines) to your reports
- Inheritance of report templates
- Reports can be independent of your application, so the application does not require recompilation when a user requires changes in a report
Any kind of data.
- FastReport supports many libraries for database access: FireDAC, ADO, BDE, DBX, IBX and FIBPlus, so providing access to practically all databases, including Oracle and many third-party libraries
- Data generated within your application
- Passing out of both static and dynamic records
- UNICODE. Reports can use any language in the world, and even multiple languages simultaneously, maintaining true internationality!
- The FastReport interface is localized for fourteen languages
- The file format allows reports to be translated at a local level
- Documentation and help files are available in English, German, Polish and Russian.