Foxit PDF Rasterizer for .NET SDK is a simple to use .NET library to quickly take your vector-based PDF files and convert them to a pixel-based format (an image format). This process can significantly reduce the overall size of the document and allows you to use the output image for other purposes where PDF documents may not be ideal.
Rasterize PDF to PNG Example (C# and VB.NET)
The following example demonstrates how to take a PDF file and rasterized it into a PNG file. Rasterizing a PDF file to a PNG can be done in just two simple lines of code.
- 1: PdfRasterizer rasterizer = new PdfRasterizer("DocumentA.pdf");
- 2: rasterizer.Draw("DocumentA.png", ImageFormat.Png, ImageSize.Dpi72);
- 1: Dim MyRasterizer As PdfRasterizer = New PdfRasterizer("DocumentA.pdf")
- 2: MyRasterizer.Draw("DocumentA.png", ImageFormat.Png, ImageSize.Dpi72)
Foxit PDF Rasterizer for .NET SDK is available in two licensing models. The Server License is for developers who wish to install our software on their server or web server and is licensed per production server. Alternatively, the Developer License is for developers who wish to install our software on desktop systems. The Developer License allows for a maximum of 5,000 distributions per license.
Foxit PDF for .NET SDK Integration
If you are already using any of our other great Foxit PDF for .NET SDK products or if you plan to in the future, you can rest assured that Foxit PDF Rasterizer for .NET SDK will work seamlessly with all our other Foxit PDF for .NET SDK products.
Highlighted features of the Foxit PDF Rasterizer for .NET SDK include:
- Rasterized output files include: JPEG, PNG, TIFF (including multi page TIFF), GIF and BMP.
- Output to System.Drawing.Bitmap object.
- Supports Image Transparency (TIFF and PNG).
- Full support for rendering PDF documents v1.1 - v1.7.
- Full support of all PDF colorspaces.
- Supports all PDF compression types.
- Supports all PDF font types.
- Supports Form Field rasterization.
- Supports Annotation rasterization.
- Supports RGB, RGBA, Monochrome, Gray-scale and Indexed color-formats.
- Indexed color support in PNG & TIFF images.
- Color quantanization and custom palette support for all Indexed formats.
- Dithering support for all indexed and monochrome color formats.