Atmel Studio 6 is the integrated development platform (IDP) for developing and debugging Atmel® SMART ARM®-based and Atmel AVR® microcontroller (MCU) applications. Studio 7 supports all AVR and Atmel SMART MCUs. The Atmel Studio 7 IDP gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code. It also connects seamlessly to Atmel debuggers and development kits.
Additionally, Atmel Studio includes Atmel Gallery, an online apps store that allows you to extend your development environment with plug-ins developed by Atmel as well as by third-party tool and embedded software vendors. Atmel Studio 7 can also able seamlessly import your Arduino sketches as C++ projects, providing a simple transition path from Makerspace to Marketplace.
- Support for 300+ Atmel AVR and Atmel SMART ARM-based devices
- Vast source code library, including drivers, communication stacks, 1,600+ project examples with source code, graphic services and touch functionality through Atmel Software Framework (ASF)
- IDE extensions through Atmel Gallery, the online apps store, for development tools and embedded software from Atmel and third parties
- Tune capacitive touch designs, validate system performance, monitor power consumption, and real-time data and trace graphing with Atmel QTouch Composer
- Configure and test the performance of wireless designs with the Wireless Composer running on the target
- Write and debug C/C++ and assembly code with the integrated compiler
- Advanced debugging features include complex data breakpoints, nonintrusive trace support (SAM3 and SAM4 devices), statistical code profiling, interrupt trace/monitoring, polled data tracing (Cortex-M0+ devices), real-time variable tracking with optional timestamping, and integration of Percepio Tracealyzer for leading-edge debug data visualization and RTOS awareness
- Integrated editor with visual assist
- New project wizard allowing projects created from scratch or from a large library of design examples
- In-system programming and debugging provides interface to all Atmel in-circuit programmers and debuggers
- Create transparent debug views into CPU and peripherals for easy code development and debugging
- Full chip simulation for an accurate model of CPU, interrupts, peripherals, and external stimuli