Eyefinder is a suite of powerful presentation-layer components that are designed to aid navigation through different types of data. It includes a navigation bar, header control, document presentation control and desktop alert component. In the navigation bar, collapsible buttons represent different navigation modes, and when selected, child controls are exposed to facilitate the navigation mode chosen. Alternatively, the control can be used to simply switch between visible child controls, in much the same way as a tabcontrol does only with a different style of tabs.
Full design-time support is included of course, and working with the control at design time is much the same as working with it at runtime. As the navigation panes are selected, the client area of the control is updated to show their contents. This client area is a standard container control and can be used to host any type of child controls.
Also packaged with the navigation bar is HeaderControl, a container control that draws one of two header styles above the client area. The headers are a great way of separating functionally different areas of your user interface, while drawing in a consistent manner with the rest of the Eyefinder package.
The Document presentation control is a simple component designed to emphasize a document on your form by giving it a raised border and indicating focus changes.
Desktop alerts are a very customisable way of presenting alerts to the user without distracting them.
This set of controls is designed to help you make your application mimic the appearance of Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007.
Eyefinder offers a great range of features designed to help you create a great-looking interface like that of recent Microsoft products in minutes.
- Microsoft Office 2003 style rendering for a cutting-edge look and feel
- Pluggable renderer support means complete customisation is easy
- Buttons can be collapsed in to a tray increasing real estate in the client area
- Chevron menu provides access to hidden buttons and customisation features
- Header and button fonts can be fully customised
- Support for all common image sizes on buttons and in the tray
- Full and rich designer support means in-place editing with no collection editor
- An additional control provides access to the professional-looking header styles to separate areas of your interface
NEW: NavigationContainer control introduced to simplify integrating an Eyefinder layout into your forms.
NEW: Office 2007 look and feel is now supported and default.
NEW: All text is now rendered with GDI when running under .NET 2.0.
NEW: When AllowDrop is set to true for the NavigationBar, dragging over a pane tab will select that pane.
NEW: Renderer property exposed on DesktopAlert.
FIX: On rare occasions the Cursor property of the NavigationBar could be set incorrectly in design mode.
CHANGE: All rendering classes moved from TD.Eyefinder to TD.Eyefinder.Rendering namespace.