Visual Assist X dramatically reduces application development time with key new features and improvements to existing features in Visual Studio, allowing you to: Visual Assist increases automation, simplifies navigation and displays vital information as you develop. The features are so well integrated into the IDE that it is difficult to distinguish what Visual Assist X provides and what is built into the IDE. One thing is certain, you like your IDE more when Visual Assist X is installed. Visual Assist X provides assistance for all of the programming languages of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, including C/C++, C#, ASP, Visual Basic, Java and HTML. The product also offers assistance for C/C++ users of Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and 5.0.
- Develop new code faster with fewer errors.
- Quickly understand existing code.
- Refactor existing code making it easier to read and cheaper to maintain.
- Eliminate time spent searching by allowing instant navigation to any file, symbol or reference.
Visual Assist works seamlessly across all languages in your solution: C++ C# VB
Visual Assist works in current and legacy versions of Visual Studio: VS2008 VS2005 VS2003 VS2002 VC6
Over 50 time-saving features such as
- VA Outline new! allows you to navigate, organize and refactor code easily
- Acronyms, Suggestions, VA Snippets help you create code faster
- Enhanced Error Detection and Correction catches errors before you compile
- Refactor easily in ALL languages
- Enhanced IntelliSense and Hovering Class Browser help decipher complex code
- Navigate easily to any file, method, or symbol
- Find References faster in ALL languages
- Enhanced Syntax Coloring helps you read code faster
- And much more...
Most features of Visual Assist X work in all Microsoft IDEs and all programming languages. Several features are available only for specific languages, typically because they do not apply in some languages. A few features implemented for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 are already part of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and .NET.
Other uses of a VA Hashtag can be found with Goto (Alt+G) and Goto Related (Shift+Alt+G).
VA Hashtags, unlike IDE bookmarks:
Move with code
Are accessible in all solutions of a file
VA Hashtags, unlike the IDE Task List:
Need no configuration
Are automatically available to every developer
Operate consistently across file types
Introduce Variable is available in whitespace to automatically select expressions or capture return values of method/function calls.
Visual Assist Build 2094
requires software maintenance through 2016.03.25 (General release.)
[VS2015 Update 2] Disabled in-editor placeholder expansion of VA Snippets due to snippet expansion bug in Update 2. (case=95894)
Fix for About dialog crash identified via Windows Error Reporting. (case=95893)
[VC6] Fix for a message in the Options dialog appearing repeatedly. (case=95603)