The current release of IP*Works! Zip allows developers to easily integrate compression and decompression into applications using the Zip, Tar, Gzip, 7-Zip, Bzip2, ZCompress, or Jar standards for compression. The IP*Works! Zip components were built from the ground up combining exceptional speed with an excellent data compression ratio.
Major Compression Standards
Components support major compression and archiving standards including Zip, Jar, Gzip, 7-Zip, Bzip2, ZCompress, and Tar.
Blazing fast performance
High-performance libraries with optimizable speed and compression provides the utmost flexibility for developers.
Uniform & Extensible Design
Very easy to use, with a uniform, intuitive, and extensible design. Common component interfaces across platforms & technologies..
Industrial Strength AES Encryption
128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption, compatible with WinZip 9.0
Outstanding Technical Support
Backed by an expert team of support professionals. Unlimited free Email support or paid Premium Support options.
Detailed documentation, hundreds of sample applications, fully-indexed help files, Royalty free licensing, and more.
IP*Works! Zip is a suite of robust, easy, fast, and effective components enabling developers to embed file and streaming compression into web or desktop applications. Supports major compression/decompression standards including Zip, Jar, Gzip, 7-Zip, Bzip2, ZCompress, and Tar.
- Streaming support during file compression/decompression.
- Delete individual files within and archive without decompressing the entire file.
- Zip file password encryption.
- Support for the Open XML Packaging format used in Office 2007.
- List the contents of Zip files without having to decompress.
- Configurable compression level and performance optimization based on either speed or compression ratio.
- Easily compress or decompress entire directories and their contents.
- Fast, robust, and reliable, the components consume a minimum of resources.
- PKZip-compatible Zip compressor for creating self-extracting archives for native Windows platforms.
- 128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption.
- Zip64 Archives support - 4GB+ zip files with virtually unlimited number of included files.
- Native development components for all supported platforms and component technologies.
- A complete unified framework with a common easy-to-learn object model and simplified interfaces allowing you to be more productive.
- Rigorously tested, rock solid components that have undergone hundreds of thousands of hours of testing both internally by our QA team and externally through customer installations.
- Detailed reference documentation, hundreds of sample applications, fully-indexed help files, and an extensive online knowledge base.
- Backed by multi-tier professional support, including free email support and enterprise-level paid support.
- Licensed by the US Government for export (ECCN classification)