Update 01/04/2016: Closed Captions/Sub Titles are added to the Lectures.
Learn to become a fee-earning SQL developer in just seven weeks.
This fast, easy and effective course will take you from zero sql writing skills to being able to make money as a SQL developer.
This one-stop-shot-style course will teach you everything you need to know, from learning various database concepts to writing SQL to interact with the database.
Throughout the course I will be using the below methodology to make you think and help in forming the SQL statement.
Manager asks you to give you a report containing total sales volume for January month by day and city
Questions in your mind to build your query
Question Answer Give? SELECT What columns? DAY, CITY Summary? SUM(VOLUME) Preposition? FROM Which table contains sales orders data? SALES Filter? WHERE SALES_DATE BETWEEN ’01-JAN-2015’ and ’31-JAN-2015’ Grouping? GROUP BY DAY, CITY
Combine the above answers to form the below SQL
SELECT day, city, SUM(volume)
WHERE sales_date BETWEEN ’01-JAN-2015’ AND ’31-JAN-2015’
GROUP BY day, city;
In this course participants will learn
- Relational databases Concepts
- Retreiving Data from Database
- Filtering Data based on business requirements
- Creating Tables and modifying its structure
- Joining Data from various Tables
- Grouping Data and calculating summaries
- Enforcing Constraints on Tables
- Improving performance using Index
- and many more interesting things..