When you need the power of a Microsoft Excel-like spreadsheet combined with the functionally of an advanced data grid, you need Spread - the world’s #1 selling spreadsheet component for Microsoft Visual Studio development. Spread provides a flexible and familiar spreadsheet/grid architecture, advanced charting, and a powerful formula library that is ideal for creating financial modeling and risk analysis, budgeting, insurance, scientific and many other types of applications. Spread Studio is a cross-platform toolkit that includes components for Windows Forms, ASP.NET, WPF, Windows Store, and Silverlight in one package for the ultimate spreadsheet collection.
- Financial Risk Analysis Modeling
- Data Visualization, Analysis & Dashboards
- Decision Matrix
- Scientific & Engineering Modeling
- Complex Forms & Data Entry
- Project Management
- Excel like characteristics, such as functions, formulas, enhanced filtering, sorting, conditional formatting, setting of cell types at the cell level, Sheets, etc.
- Read Excel files and/or generate Excel output from your business application
- Advanced grid-like features: data binding/unbound/mixed modes
- Flexible tabular layout, making it easy to create complex UI layouts and presentation of data
- Share via PDF, print/print preview, Excel (XLS, XSLX), and delimited files (CSV, TXT)
Features & Highlights
- Excel UI, Excel Features in an Extensible Component - Modeled after Microsoft Excel, Spread includes all the must-have spreadsheet features that your application needs. Spread supports reading/writing native Excel files, cross-sheet formula referencing using the 300+ built-in functions, charting, print/print preview, grouping, searching, filtering, sorting, import/export support, editable and graphical celltypes, conditional formatting, undo/redo, data binding/unbound modes, and much more. Using the extensible object models, you have complete control. All royalty-free.
- Unmatched Flexibility - With Spread, you get unmatched flexibility at the cell level for maximum control over the display and entry of the data, plenty of events to respond to user changes, and an extensive list of built-in calculation functions. And you’re guaranteed a quick learning curve using the Spread Designer, a design-time tool with a point-and-click interface.
- Exceed Grids and Excel - When the simple grid does not meet your needs, use Spread, the control that far exceeds the grid capabilities. Find calculation accuracy and data scalability in a control that also provides a highly customizable interface.
- Time-Tested by Developers Worldwide - As the first spreadsheet component on the market for Visual Basic, Spread has been used by tens of thousands of developers worldwide for the past 20 years. It's one of the few components to be successfully localized, sold, and supported in Japan, Europe, United States, and other parts of the world. While Spread has continued to evolve over the years, the development team has stayed true to the legacy and continues to support VB.NET for .NET products, and VB for the Spread COM product.
- Strong Public Knowledge Base - When you purchase Spread, you get a market leader. This means you get thorough documentation, technical support, and expert advice. Plus, be confident knowing that for nearly 20 years, over 100,000 developers have adopted and enriched Spread with their experience and skill, and have contributed to a global online knowledge base in the form of forum discussions, articles, and blogs.