Beyond Compare is a powerful time-saving utility for comparing files and folders on your Windows system. Use it to manage source code, keep folders in sync, compare program output, and validate copies of your data. Beyond Compare can create a snapshot of a live directory structure, and compare it against the live copy at a later date. Beyond Compare helps you analyze differences in detail and carefully reconcile them. It commands a wide range of file and text operations, as well as script commands for automating tasks.
Expanded Session concept
• Any comparison can be saved as a session, not just folder comparisons
• Plug-ins are now built-in session types
• Saved sessions can be organized in folders
• Auto-saved sessions
Fully unicode enabled
• Unicode filenames now supported as well as unicode file content
• Tabbed interface for session views
• Handy "home" view for launching and managing sessions
• Layout of open sessions can be saved, restored
• Built-in "Check for updates"
Folder compare features
• Folder icons colors now match your preferences
• Multiple operations can be queued
• File actions now respect filters by default
• Dedicated folder sync session
• Touch and Attrib commands can now recurse through subfolders
• Attrib supports Unix attributes
• New Ignored command flags mismatched file as OK
• New Move to Folder command
• Flatten folders lets you compare differing folder structures
• Pro only Alignment overrides
Text comparison features
• Full in-pane editor with dynamic re-comparisons
• Syntax highlighting
• Adaptive gutter buttons for copying sections
• Unlimited undo after save
• Grammar-based comparison rules
• Independent file formats for each side of the comparison
• New Ignored command flags mismatched sections as OK
• Multiple bookmarks
• Hex display option for line details
• Pro only 3-way text merge
• Pro only Replacements
Improved FTP support
• FTP profiles, selectable per session
• Multiple simultaneous connections
• Pro only Built-in support for secure FTP protocols (SFTP and FTP over SSL)
22.214.171.12429 - AUGUST 19, 2016
Text Merge output files will now be written using file format external conversion settings.
Various fixes and improvements.
Upgraded 7-zip libraries to 16.02 to fix code execution vulnerability in UDF (.img, .iso) decoder (CVE-2016-2334 and CVE-2016-2335).
Windows: Added support for PKZip v1 legacy compression algorithms (Implode, Reduce, Shrink).
Fixed support for Unicode paths and filenames on SharePoint WebDAV servers.
Fixed support for connecting to Amazon S3 buckets in the eu-west-1 region that were created in 2013 and earlier.
Fixed resource leak when uploading/downloading from Microsoft OneDrive.
Windows: "Open With" for WebDAV profiles now passes http:// URLs to the requested application instead of BC-specific profile: ones.
Improved error message if an S3 bucket is stored in an unrecognized AWS region.
Fixed loading WebDAV folder listings that include empty getcontentlength entries.
Fixed /fileviewer= switch to use fixed English phrases instead of translated strings.
OS X/Linux: Fixed importing file formats with external helper executables.
Fixed loading .docx files that have been modified using MiniZip.
"Save File Using Profile" now handles "Editing disabled" just like "Save File on File System As" does.
Changed button caption in "Save Changes?" confirmation dialog from "Save None" to "Discard All".
.msi packages now use SHA-256 code signing signatures instead of SHA-1 ones.
Fixed support for scrolling using laptops/tablets with precision touchpads (.e.g, Surface Pro).
OS X: Fixed support for Beyond Compare "Services" menu extensions in apps other than Finder.
Added Japanese as an official language.
Time limited license keys now show a warning on the Home view when close to the expiration, and show the expiration date in the About dialog.
Improved appearance of Options dialog and Home view for themes with dark backgrounds.
Fixed Picture Compare Report to use printer DPI instead of screen DPI.
Fixed Picture Compare Report handling of empty comparison.
Fixed plain text output of right justified text.
Fixed plain text output handling of gap lines.
Fixed Table Compare plain text output of interleaved headers.
Fixed performance regression introduced in 4.1.4.
Windows: Fixed displaying emoji characters when "Enable font linking in editors" is enabled.
Linux: Fixed slow performance when long lines are visible.
Output files will now be written using file format external conversion settings.
Windows: Fixed crash when opening a file on 64-bit Windows.
Windows: Fixed crash when opening Options dialog to Tweaks panel while DisableCheckForUpdates registry tweak is active.