Simplify your XML Comments!
GhostDoc is a Visual Studio extension that automatically generates XML documentation comments for methods and properties based on their type, parameters, name, and other contextual information.
When generating documentation for class derived from a base class or for interface implementation (e.g. .NET Framework or your custom framework), GhostDoc will use the documentation that Microsoft or the framework vendor has already written for the base class or interface.
- Save keystrokes and time; simplify documenting your code
- Automatically generate a starting point for your help documentation
- Benefit of the base class documentation
- StyleCop compliant documentation templates
- (Pro) Documentation quality and maintenance
- (Pro) Code Spell Checker
- (Pro) Build Help File
- (Pro) Take control of your help files with Help Configurations and Template Libraries
Version 5.2 of GhostDoc is a minor feature release for the v5.0 users includes:
- Support for Visual Studio 2015 Update 3
- Fixes for the latest ASP.NET Core projects
- GhostDoc now treats underscore as a delimiter to improve summary generation for underscore delimited identifiers
- "Use Modern URLs" Help Configuration option for declarative help documentation file naming - namespace-classname-membername.htm
- Option to turn on/off Documentation Hints during setup
- (Pro) (Ent)Comment Preview is now rendered using the FlatGray theme
- Plenty of improvements and bug fixes
For the complete list of changes, please see What's New in GhostDoc v5