Create New Drivers for Your APIs
Do you want to increase the adoption of your APIs and make them accessible beyond the developer market? With the CData API Drivers, you can leverage the same powerful framework that we use internally to build new drivers for your APIs in a fraction of the time it would normally take.
Driver development doesn't have to be difficult. The CData API Drivers include everything you need to help reach new users with standards-based drivers for your APIs. Implement a lightweight API Driver Profile and you will instantly offer users access to your API data through ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, SSIS, BizTalk, Excel, etc.
Connect BI, Reporting, & ETL tools to any data source.
API Drivers bring the power and ease-of-use of our driver and provider technologies to APIs and new data sources not currently supported with individual drivers. The API Drivers offer a standard framework of driver APIs (ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, BizTalk, SSIS, etc.) that leverages extensible Driver Profiles to access virtually any API or data source.
Using the API Drivers to connect to data is easy. Install any one of the available API Driver technologies (ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET etc.) and connect to the API Driver from your favorite BI, reporting, or analytics tool - just like you would connect to any standard database. Then, simply select the data source (Driver Profile) though a parameter of the API Drivers' connection string.
Create Drivers & Enhance Platform Accessibility
Do you want to encourage developers to build on top of your WebAPI or application interface? The API Drivers offers an open and extensible interface that unlocks a straightforward path toward Driver development. Furthermore, all of the included Driver Profiles are open and accessible, allowing developers to modify and extend the connectivity features of existing driver sources.
Thanks to the flexible plug-and-play architecture of our API Drivers, building a single Driver Profile will make it accessible through any API Driver form-factor, including ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, BizTalk, SQL SSIS, and even directly through our Microsoft Excel Add-In.
API Driver Technology Features
Our API Drivers are built using the same Driver development platform that we use to build all of our Drivers. They provide customers with easy access to the same powerful features for data integration, including:
- Standards-Compliant ODBC: ODBC 3.8 compliant native protocol based drivers.
- Unicode, 32-bit and 64-bit support: Support 32-bit and 64-bit applications and unicode ODBC APIs.
- Certified Compatibility*: Our drivers undergo extensive testing and are certified to be compatible with leading analytics and reporting applications like Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and many more.
* Please visit our knowledge base to access how-to articles.
- ODBC Remoting: Our exclusive remoting feature allows hosting the ODBC connection on a server to enable connections from various clients on any platform (Java, .NET, C++, PHP, Python, etc.), using any standards based technology (ODBC, JDBC, etc.). ODBC Remoting is enabled using the popular MySQL wire protocol server.
- Replication and Caching: Our replication and caching commands make it easy to copy data to local and cloud data stores such as Oracle, SQL Server, Google Cloud SQL, etc. The replication commands include many features that allow for intelligent incremental updates to cached data.
- String, Date, Numeric SQL Functions: The driver includes a library of 50 plus functions that can manipulate column values into the desired result. Popular examples include Regex, JSON, and XML processing functions.
- Collaborative Query Processing: Our drivers enhance the data source's capabilities by additional client-side processing, when needed, to enable analytic summaries of data such as SUM, AVG, MAX, MIN, etc.
- Easily Customizable and Configurable: The data model exposed by our ODBC Drivers can easily be customized to add or remove tables/columns, change data types, etc. without requiring a new build. These customizations are supported at runtime using human-readable schema files that are easy to edit.
- Secure Connectivity: Includes standard Enterprise-class security features such as TLS/ SSL data encryption for all client-server communications.