AlwaysUp runs any application (32/64-bit executable, batch file, shortcut, java, perl, etc.) as a Windows Service, monitoring it constantly to ensure 100% uptime. It will automatically start your application whenever your computer boots, automatically restart your application if it crashes, hangs, or uses too much memory, and do everything in its power to ensure that your application is available 24/7. And regular, detailed email alerts from AlwaysUp will keep you informed of performance, crashes, scheduled restarts and other relevant events.
- Runs your application (executable, batch file or shortcut) 24x7 as a Windows Service
- Very easy to use
- Constantly monitors your application and restarts it whenever it fails
- Able to detect and restart "misbehaving" applications that hang, hog the CPU or consume too much memory
- Able to start your application as the system boots, to run when no user is logged in and to run despite logon/logoffs – all to guarantee uptime without manual user intervention
- Able to restart your application (or reboot the computer) at a scheduled time
- Able to boost your application's priority to ensure that it gets preferential treatment on the host computer
- e-mails you with details of crashes, restarts and other problems
- Supports the integration of your own custom "sanity check" utilities, executed regularly to test if your application is functioning normally or not
- Automatically dismisses common "Application error" dialog boxes that prevent crashed applications from fully exiting
- Automatically dismisses Debug dialog boxes and logs the dialog box text for subsequent review by developers – thus facilitating the deployment of applications in "Debug mode"
- The intuitive GUI makes it easy to set up your application, but no GUI is necessary once your application has been configured.
- Leverages the Windows Services API to achieve robust, low-level application control in a secure environment
- Reports all activities to the Windows Event Log
- Very efficient; demands minimal CPU & memory resources
- No programming required!