Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) components seamlessly integrate threaded communications, security, and encoding/decoding so you can quickly develop custom SNMP applications. This development tool requires fewer resources, provides more flexibility, and elicits code that is easy to re-use and maintain. See our Programming Primer for detailed instructions on using PowerSNMP for .NET.
Single lightweight dll streamlines your app and simplifies deployment
PowerSNMP for .NET CF available
C#, VB, C++ code samples, including Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
Manage network devices and remote information
- Manager component receives and decodes Trap and Inform messages
- Enhanced with .NET 4.5 asynchronous task functionality for requesting and retrieving managment information from SNMP Agents
- Superior scaling in high-throughput environments
- Discover agents and query their information base (variables)
- Get an entire table with a single method (supports sparse tables)
- Communicate with agents in parallel (on multiple threads) or serially (on a single thread)
- Send Inform messages to other managers
Respond to SNMP requests and send traps
- Agent component receives, decodes and responds to Get and Set requests
- Create and send Trap messages
- Create default responses as desired
- Automatically updates agent variables and tables
Use standard and custom MIBs
- Load and parse MIB files at design-time or run-time
- MibNode definitions use OIDs to associate MIB file definitions with variable IIDs found in PDUs.
- Intrinsic support provided for standard SNMPv2 SMI MIBs
- TreeView can be populated with parsed MIBs for easy viewing
- Security class provides seamless SNMP v3 integration
- MD5, SHA authentication support
- DES, Triple DES, AES128, AES192, AES256 encryption support
- Compatible with CISCO, MG-Soft , NET-SNMP and other SNMP software.
- Compatible with FIPS 140-2 standards
- Complies with SNMP RFCs for version 1 (1155, 1156, 1157, 1212, 1213, 1215, 2863, 3418), version 2 (1901, 1907, 1908, 3416, 3417), and version 3 (3410, 3411, 3412, 3413, 3414, 3415, 3416, 3417, 3418, 3584, 3826, 5343)
220.127.116.11 Released: 2016-05-10:
- XML serialization support has been added to the SNMP message classes.
- Dual Mode (simultaneous IPv6 and IPv4) sockets are now supported on compatible operating systems. (Vista+)
- Compatibility with third-party SNMP agents and managers has been improved.
Product fixes in this release:
- SNMP message classes will provide correct licensing instructions, when used without a manager or agent component. (676)
- An issue with AES initilization has been addressed. (821)
- A compatibility issue involving CISCO SNMP entities, using AES-192 and AES-256 bit encryption, has been resolved. (825)