Universal Data Access Components (UniDAC) is a library of components that provides direct access to multiple databases from Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and Free Pascal) on Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Linux, and FreeBSD for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. We have combined the experience of long-term successful development into one product, which provides unified access to multiple database servers like Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, InterBase, Firebird, PostgreSQL, SQLite, DB2, Microsoft Access, Sybase Advantage Database Server, Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise, and other databases (using ODBC provider).
UniDAC offers unified approach to the database-related applications development process. That means you can switch easily between different databases in your projects without going deep into their specifics.
Using UniDAC with its server-independent interface is the best way to create cross-database applications. UniDAC gives outstanding flexibility and independence to your projects.
15-Sep-14 New Features in UniDAC 5.5:
- RAD Studio XE7 is supported
- Lazarus 1.2.4 is supported
- New free Express edition is added
- Providers are added to the Standard edition and now it doesn't require other DAC products installation
- Demo projects for FastReport 5 are added
- SpecificOptions names and values validation are added
- The TCustomDADataSet.GetKeyFieldNames method is added
- The ConstraintColumns metadata kind for the TDAMetadata component is added
Oracle data provider
- RAC server support is improved
- Support for WITH FUNCTION clause for Oracle 12c is added
- The HideRowId option is added
InterBase data provider
- The OldTransactionBehaviour global variable is added
SQLite data provider
- Now the Direct mode is based on the SQLite engine version 3.8.6
ODBC data provider
- Fetch performance is improved
- Now the VarBytesAsBlob specific option is replaced with the VarBinaryAsBlob and LongVarBinaryAsBlob specific options
- Information about TypeInfo is added to ODBCMetaData