VeCAD is a vector graphics library. It can be used as a
multi-purpose drafting tool or as a base for your own
specialized drawing applications (CAD/GIS).
The library is realized as both a run-time Windows 32 bit DLL
and an OCX. They can be used with applications written in the
popular Visual IDE languages such as Visual Basic, Delphi,
C++ Builder and Visual C++.
The VeCAD package also includes a powerful CAD editor in
executable form, based entirely on the VeCAD engine. Use this
application to visualize your own project's possibilities!
- Supports AutoCAD DWG and DXF drawings formats by using OpenDWG technology.
Kolbasoft company is a Commercial member of OpenDWG Alliance.
- Native VEC format for drawings. Drawings can also be saved as raster images.
- Save/Read drawing to/from memory (BLOB fields).
- Supports Pages, Layers, Linetypes, Blocks, TextStyles, PointStyles,
Multi-line Styles (parallel lines), Dimension styles, Selection Sets.
- Graphic objects include Points, Lines, Sub-classed Polylines, Circles,
Arcs, Ellipses, Rectangles, Text, Block Insertions, Dimensions and
Raster Images. All objects can use the 3D coordinate system.
- Supports plug-in filters to open raster image in various formats.
VeCAD ships with an open-source plug-in that supports the GIF, JPEG,
and TIFF formats. On our website you can download additional plug-ins
that let you to open in VeCAD an images of the following formats: PNG,
GIF, PCX, ICO, WMF, EMF, J2K, JBG, MNG and also ER Mapper Compressed
Wavelet (ECW) images.
- A unique identifier for each drawing object facilitates external database
- Access to all the properties of any object, either programmatically
or via dialogs.
- Zoom capabilities allowing you to view the entire drawing or any
desired part of it.
- Mouse Wheel supports real-time Zoom and Pan.
- Print Preview.
- Draw in Model space and/or Paper space.
- Edit operations include Copy, Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Explode,
Erase, Join, Trim, Extend. Single objects can be edited by moving
their control points (grips).
- Various snap modes allow you to draw/edit objects accurately without
tedious calculations. Snapping modes use ID markers to enhance operator
speed and vision. Superior Polar Tracking capability.
- Event-driven mechanism permits control of an application at the user
- Interface commands can be assigned directly to an application's menus,
buttons and accelerator keys.
- Supports Windows TTF fonts and AutoCAD SHP/SHX fonts.
- Supports AutoCAD hatch patterns (PAT) and linetypes (LIN).
- Clipboard copy and paste.
- Undo-Redo buffer saves 100 commands.
- An accessory Command Window facilitates keyboard-driven command lines,
introducing a potential macro interface for the application programmer.
- Easy localization to any language.