Simplify your XML Comments!
GhostDoc is a Visual Studio extension that automatically generates XML documentation comments for methods and properties based on their type, parameters, name, and other contextual information.
When generating documentation for class derived from a base class or for interface implementation (e.g. .NET Framework or your custom framework), GhostDoc will use the documentation that Microsoft or the framework vendor has already written for the base class or interface.
- Save keystrokes and time; simplify documenting your code
- Automatically generate a starting point for your help documentation
- Benefit of the base class documentation
- StyleCop compliant documentation templates
- (Pro) Documentation quality and maintenance
- (Pro) Code Spell Checker
- (Pro) Build Help File
- (Pro) Take control of your help files with Help Configurations and Template Libraries
Version 5.3 of GhostDoc is a maintenance update for the v5.0 users:
- Added full support for string interpolation in C# and VB parsers
- Fixed "File is not part of a solution" issue when loading projects
- (Pro) (Ent) Added IsAbstract property to CurrentCodeElement in the T4 templates
- Improved exception documentation - now the type name in a nameof() parameter is added as part of the generated documentation template
- (Ent) Fixed iue when using <section> along with <code> elements in an .aml file