Java APIs to manipulate Excel spreadsheets
Create, read, edit, convert, protect or print Excel spreadsheets including more than 10 file formats without installing Microsoft Excel.
Aspose.Cells for Java is an award-winning Excel Spreadsheet Processing API that allows Java developers to embed the ability to read, write and manipulate Excel® spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, XLTX, SpreadsheetML, CSV, ODS), HTML, MHTML, PDF and image file formats into their own Java applications without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel®.
Aspose.Cells for Java is a mature, scalable and feature rich API, offering many functions that are way beyond the simple data exporting capabilities of other vendors. With Aspose.Cells for Java developers can export data, format spreadsheets to the most granular level, import images, create charts, apply and calculate complex formulas, stream Excel® data, save in various formats and much more.
An overview of the main Excel file formats, data processing, import, export and rendering capabilities of Aspose.Cells for Java.
Advanced Java Excel Spreadsheet API Featuress
Unlike similar products from other vendors, Aspose.Cells for Java not only supports spreadsheet generation and other basic file formatting features, it also supports a number of advanced features. These advanced features make it much easier for developers to manipulate spreadsheet contents, cell formatting and file protection. Aspose.Cells for Java includes the following features:
- Ability to save and open Excel files to and from streams
- Send output to a client browser
- Save and open ODS format files
- Import and export data from an Array, ArrayList and Recordset
- Import images and charts
- Create images and charts through the product API
- Import formulae from a designer spreadsheet
- Configure page setup through the product API
Aspose.Cells for Java also supports a number of unique features that developers will only find in Aspose.Cells for Java such as:
- Support of the CSV format
- Add a copy of an existing worksheet (with full contents, images and charts etc.) to a new file
- Create comments
- Auto-filters and page breaks through the product API
- Set complex formulae
- Support conditional formatting
- Support protection options introduced in Microsoft Excel XP
- Manipulate named ranges
- Create PivotTables through the product API
- Save as HTML files or streams
- MS Excel 2010 sparklines
- Support custom charts through the product API
- Formula calculation engine
- Exporting worksheets to SVG files
- Reading / writing large spreadsheets in light-weight mode
- Re-sample images in Excel-to-PDF conversion
- Tracing Precedents and Dependents
- Create and manipulate Scenarios
- Modify VBA code or Macros in the template file
- Save ODS file in ODF 1.1 and 1.2 specifications
- Optimize memory usage while working with large files via memory preference options
- Many many more!
Any Platform – One Spreadsheet Processing Solution
Aspose.Cells for Java together with Aspose.Cells for .NET cover the main development environments and deployment platforms in common use today
Aspose.Cells for Java is available for Java 1.6 and will run on any place where Java Runtime is installed. Please note that Aspose.Cells for Java is compatible with JDK1.6, JDK1.7 and JDK1.8 versions. You can also use Aspose.Cells for Java with Perl, PHP and Python.
Flexible Display Options
Aspose.Cells for Java API gives you complete control over page setup and allows you to manipulate a wide range of display options such as; preview page breaks and set default zoom level for the Worksheet, control data visibility using Freeze Panes, set page orientation, scaling, paper size, headers/footers, and print area etc.
Securely Encrypt and Decrypt Excel Worksheets
Aspose.Cells for Java offers a wide range of security features such as; support for Excel 2007 XLSX file encryption and decryption, protect Contents, Objects and Scenarios of a Worksheet and hide or unhide a Worksheet.
Manipulate Rows And Columns
Aspose.Cells for Java allows you to manipulate Rows and Columns in many different ways. You can easily adjust Row height and Column width as required, auto size the width/height of cells according to contents, insert or delete, hide or unhide and group or ungroup Rows and Columns.
Data Management within Worksheets
Aspose.Cells for Java provides extensive support for data management. You can easily manipulate any Cell in the Worksheet at runtime and import data into Worksheets from different data sources.
Comprehensive Worksheet Formatting Support
Aspose.Cells for Java gives you absolute control over how your data is presented by offering advanced formatting features. You can apply formatting to a Worksheet, Row, Column and Cell. You can also add Rich Text to a Single Cell and apply different Borders, Background Patterns and Fonts. Conditional formatting can also be applied to Cells.
Creating Charts And Convert To Images
Aspose.Cells for Java comes with complete support for charting and supports all standard chart types. You can easily add customized charts using the products API and dynamically set data for the charts. Aspose.Cells for Java also allows you to convert charts to images.
Aspose.Cells for Java provides extensive graphical capabilities, allowing you to easily convert Worksheets to images as well as the ability to add images to Worksheets at runtime.
Aspose.Cells GridWeb Control
Aspose.Cells for Java also prodvides a GUI control for web applications. It has the following features:
- Can be embedded in JSP web applications.
- Compatibility with all modern web browsers like Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer and Opera.
- Open, save and edit the Excel files using the web control.