- Instantly test any C#/F#/VB snippet or program
- Query databases in LINQ (or SQL) — SQL/CE/Azure, Oracle, SQLite & MySQL
- Enjoy rich output formatting, optional autocompletion and integrated debugging
- Script and automate in your favorite .NET language
- Super lightweight — single 15MB executable!
- Standard edition free, with no expiry
The Ultimate Scratchpad for C#, F# and VB
LINQPad is not just for LINQ queries, but any C#/F#/VB expression, statement block or program. Put an end to those hundreds of Visual Studio Console projects cluttering your source folder and join the revolution of LINQPad scripters and incremental developers.
Reference your own assemblies and NuGet packages. Prototype your ideas in LINQPad and then paste working code into Visual Studio. Or call your scripts directly from the command-line.
Experience LINQPad’s rich output formatting, optional debugger and autocompletion, and the magic of dynamic development and instant feedback!Learn more
Tired of Querying in Antiquated SQL?
Scott Hanselman, Principal Program Manager, Microsoft
Well, you don’t have to! With LINQPad, you can interactively query databases in a modern query language: LINQ. LINQPad includes an optimized engine to build typed data contexts on the fly, and includes drivers and formatters for:
- SQL Server, SQL Azure, SQL CE, Oracle, SQLite and MySQL
- Azure Table Storage & Azure Metadata
- OData / WCF Data Services, SharePoint, and Windows DataMarket
- Microsoft’s StreamInsight, ubercool Reactive Extensions and LINQ to Logs & Traces
- Third-party ORMs including Mindscape LightSpeed, DevArt’s LinqConnect, LLBLGen, DevExpress eXpress Persistent Objects and DevForce
LINQPad also supports all the LINQ APIs in the .NET Framework, including LINQ to XML, PLINQ, LINQ to SQL and Entity Framework.
“This is one of those useful tools you just should always have around and ‘linqed’ to a hotkey”
And when you need to, you can still query in good old-fashioned SQL — even if your back-end is SQLite, Oracle or MySQL. Without any heavy installations or oppressive EULAs!
LINQPad is also a great way to learn LINQ: it comes loaded with 500 examples from the book, C# 6.0 in a Nutshell. There’s no better way to experience the coolness of LINQ and functional programming.
Experience the Legendary Dump!
LINQPad’s Dump method is famous for its capacity to eat almost anything!
Tuned with numerous heuristics, it intelligently walks object graphs for the best possible output. It even turns lazy objects into hyperlinks and asynchronous values into placeholders whose content materializes in the future!
Images and bitmaps render as images and bitmaps, and types from Reactive Extensions and Dataflow fully animate.
Dump any WPF or Windows Forms object and it will actually render.
And when you need a traditional data grid or debugger watch window, it’s there, too.