Serious Cross-Platform for Visual Studio!
Go cross-platform with comfort
VisualGDB makes cross-platform development with Visual Studio easy and comfortable. It supports:
- Barebone embedded systems and IoT modules (see full list)
- C/C++ Linux Applications
- Native Android Apps and Libraries
- Raspberry Pi and other Linux boards
- Linux kernel modules (separate VisualKernel product)
- Target your own devices and platforms with Extensibility API
VS2008-2017 including the free Community Edition are supported.
Focus on your product, not the tools
VisualGDB will automatically install and configure the necessary tools:
- Embedded toolchains
- Cross-compilers for common Linux boards
- Compilers/debuggers on Debian- and RedHat-based Linux
- GDB Stub software like OpenOCD
All you need to do is choose your device from the list and start developing! VisualGDB can also easily import your existing code or debug code that is built elsewhere.
Seamless Support for Unit Tests
VisualGDB integrates popular CppUTest and GoogleTest frameworks in Visual Studio and provides an easy API to integrate custom frameworks. With one click of a mouse you can run/debug tests on:
- Embedded ARM devices via JTAG/SWD
- Linux machines and boards like Raspberry Pi
- Android devices
Fast and flexible project building
VisualGDB includes an high-performance MSBuild back-end optimized for lightning fast builds of Embedded and Linux projects and automatic and precise IntelliSense.
If your project already uses GNU Make, CMake or QMake, you can easily import it into VisualGDB and have your IntelliSense and settings managed automatically.
Powerful debugging experience
VisualGDB provides consistent Visual Studio debugging experience for local, SSH-based, JTAG-based debugging and many more. You hit F5, VisualGDB does the rest. Advanced debug features include:
- IntelliSense and preprocessor support in Watch windows
- Built-in SSH terminal and file transfer for Linux debugging
- Powerful custom actions to automate routine tasks
- Enter your own GDB commands and record command timings
Easy interface for complex tools
VisualGDB provides graphical interface for editing common settings of most widely used build tools from GNU/Linux:
- Graphically edit Makefiles and synchronize source file lists
- Manage CMake targets and settings
- Create and maintain QMake files for Qt projects
- Precise IntelliSense for large imported CMake projects
- Use VisualGDB-generated Makefiles or import your own
Advanced IntelliSense with refactoring
VisualGDB includes a powerful Clang-based IntelliSense engine that fully supports GCC-specific code and is integrated with Make, QMake and CMake. Advanced features include:
- Create implementations for newly added methods
- Create-from-use for methods and constructors
- Automatic implementation of interfaces
- Edit-driven renaming with C++11 support
- Automatic corrections of common errors and typos
- Preprocessor lens to understand complex preprocessor macros
- Code Map for functions, methods, variables and more in C++ code
First-class support and extensive tutorials
VisualGDB license comes with one year of free updates and technical support that can be renewed afterwards. To get the best out of VisualGDB for your platform, try browsing through more than 100 tutorials covering scenarios from FreeBSD to WiFi SoCs or hundreds of topics on our forum. We also provide a support system and email support for both registered and trial users.