GhostDoc is a Visual Studio extension that automatically generates XML documentation comments for methods and properties based on their type, parameters, name, and other contextual information.
When generating documentation for class derived from a base class or for interface implementation (e.g. .NET Framework or your custom framework), GhostDoc will use the documentation that Microsoft or the framework vendor has already written for the base class or interface.
- Save keystrokes and time; simplify documenting your code
- Automatically generate a starting point for your help documentation
- Benefit of the base class documentation
- StyleCop compliant documentation templates
- (Pro) Documentation quality and maintenance
- (Pro) Code Spell Checker
- (Pro) Build Help File
- (Pro) Take control of your help files with Help Configurations and Template Libraries
If you follow good naming conventions in your code, then you will get very decent results on the summary GhostDoc generates. When I see code that is not documented, it is as simple as hit Ctrl-Shift-D to have GhostDoc document it.
Build 5.4.16325 (Nov 20, 2016) - Maintenance Release
- Added VS2017 RC integration
- Added New menu items - Getting Started Tutorial and Tutorials and Resources
- Added (Pro) (Ent) Edit buttons in Options - Solution Ignore List and Options - Spelling Ignore List
- Added (Pro) (Ent) Test button in Options - Solution Ignore List
- Added (Ent) Now GhostDoc shows error message when Conceptual Content path is invalid in the solution configuration file
- Fixed PathTooLongException exception when generating preview/build help file for C++ projects
- Fixed (Ent) Updated ClassLibrary1.zip, moved all conceptual content files inside the project in GhostDoc Enterprise\Samples\Conceptual Content\
- Fixed Issues documenting ReadOnly auto-properties in VB
- Fixed Issue re-documenting a type at the top of source code file in VB
- Fixed Issue with generating preview of the <seealso> tag for generics in VB