ENJOY PRODUCTIVE JAVA
Every aspect of IntelliJ IDEA is specifically designed to maximize developer productivity.
Together, powerful static code analysis and ergonomic design make development not only productive but also an enjoyable experience.
After IntelliJ IDEA's indexed your source code, it offers blazing fast and intelligent experience by giving relevant suggestions in every context: instant and clever code completion, on-the-fly code analysis and reliable refactoring tools.
Mission-critical tools such as integrated version controls systems and a wide variety of supported languages and frameworks are at hand — no plugin hustle included.
Smart code completion
While the basic completion suggests names of classes, methods, fields, and keywords within the visibility scope, the smart completion suggests only those types that are expected in the current context.
The IDE predicts your needs and automates the tedious and repetitive development tasks so you can stay focused on the big picture.
In every design and implementation decision that we make, we keep in mind the risk of interrupting the developer's flow and do our best to eliminate or minimize it.
The IDE follows your context and brings up the corresponding tools automatically.
The coding assistance in IntelliJ IDEA is not about only the editor: it helps you stay productive when dealing with its other parts as well: e.g. filling a field, searching over a list of elements; accessing a tool window; or toggling for a setting, etc.NEW FEATURES:
- Font ligatures
- Breadcrumbs for Java
- Background Image in Editor and IDE Frame
- Notification popups got compact and moved to the right-bottom corner
- Log for Git and Mercurial now loads data in the background, gets a handy loading progress indicator and a shortcut to navigate to the filter field
- Unversioned files in Commit dialog
- Case-only rename in Git for Windows and macOS
- Patches can now be applied from the clipboard or by dragging a file into the IDE; and IntelliJ offers help when applying patches with conflicts
- Support for JUnit 5
- Better coding assistance for React
- Support for AngularJS 2
- Spring 4.3 core features, new inspections, and better performance
- Coding assistance for Spring Caching
- Code completion and navigation in FreeMarker and Velocity templates for variables defined in Spring controllers