dotConnect for Salesforce is an ADO.NET provider for working with Salesforce data through the standard ADO.NET or Entity Framework interfaces. It allows you to easily integrate Salesforce data into your .NET (C#, VB, etc.) applications, and integrate Salesforce services with widely used data-oriented technologies.
dotConnect for Salesforce has the same standard ADO.NET classes as other standard ADO.NET providers: SalesforceConnection, SalesforceCommand, SalesforceDataAdapter, SalesforceDataReader, SalesforceParameter, etc. This allows you quickly get started with it and eliminates the need to study any Salesforce data access specificities.
Work with Salesforce Data Easily
In dotConnect for Salesforce, the complexity of Salesforce API and SOQL is wrapped into widely known and easier to use ADO.NET and Entity Framework interfaces. This allows .NET developers to immediately access Salesforce data via SQL or LINQ without studying Salesforce specificity. It's powerful design-time editors together with seamless Visual Studio integration allow you to work with Salesforce data with less efforts and less code writing. See how easy it is with dotConnect for Salesforce.
Connecting to Salesforce from Server Explorer
To create a Server Explorer connection, you just need to:
- Click Connect to Database on the Server Explorer toolbar
- Change Data Source to Salesforce Data Source
- Specify the login url to the data source, your Salesforce user id and password
That's all, now you can work with Salesforce data right in Visual Studio - select data from Salesforce entities and edit it.
Salesforce Data Binding
- Build your data access layer without writing code manually
- Configure dotConnect for Salesforce components in powerful design-time editors
- Bind data grids and other controls to Salesforce data just by configuring the smart tags
- Work with Salesforce data just like with a database
Power of SQL
dotConnect for Salesforce allows you to perform SQL queries against your Salesforce data. Use SQL statements to work with Salesforce accounts, contacts, leads, contracts, products, campaigns opportunities, and other objects.
Our provider offers full CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) support and allows you to get Salesforce data with SELECT statements and manage data with INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.
No need to study and use complex Salesforce API, just use familiar SQL statements. You may use complex JOINs, WHERE conditions, etc. - all the SQL benefits, not available with Salesforce API.
Entity Framework Support
dotConnect for Salesforce allows you to access Salesforce data via Entity Framework - Microsoft's recommended data access technology. It supports Entity Framework v4, v5, v6, and Entity Framework Core, and enables you to use the following Entity Framework features with Salesforce data:
- LINQ to Entities (no need for Salesforce API)
- Entity relations with lazy/eager loading
- No need to post each edited/created object separately - a single SaveChanges() call to persist all the changed objects
dotConnect for Salesforce provides enhanced Entity Framework support for Salesforce data with a bundled visual designer for ORM models with Visual Studio integration - Entity Developer. Standard Visual Studio Entity Data Model designer is also supported.