dotConnect for FreshBooks is an ADO.NET provider for working with FreshBooks data through the standard ADO.NET or Entity Framework interfaces. It allows you to easily integrate FreshBooks data into your .NET applications, and integrate FreshBooks services with widely used data-oriented technologies.
dotConnect for FreshBooks has the same standard ADO.NET classes as other standard ADO.NET providers: FreshBooksConnection, FreshBooksCommand, FreshBooksDataAdapter, FreshBooksDataReader, FreshBooksParameter, etc. This allows you quickly get started with it and eliminates the need to study any FreshBooks data access specificities.
Work with FreshBooks Data Easily
dotConnect for FreshBooks makes it simple to create .NET applications in C#, VB, or other languages, working with FreshBooks data. It offers standard ADO.NET interface, and thus it's easy to master it. It's powerful design-time editors together with seamless Visual Studio integration allow you to work with FreshBooks data with less efforts and less code writing. See how easy it is with dotConnect for FreshBooks.
Connecting to FreshBooks from Server Explorer
To create a Server Explorer connection, you just need to:
- Click Connect to Database on the Server Explorer toolbar
- Change Data Source to FreshBooks Data Source
- Specify the login url to the data source, your FreshBooks user id and password
That's all, now you can work with FreshBooks data right in Visual Studio - select data from FreshBooks entities and edit it.
FreshBooks Data Binding
- Build your data access layer without writing code manually
- Configure dotConnect for FreshBooks components in powerful design-time editors
- Bind data grids and other controls to FreshBooks data just by configuring the smart tags
- Work with FreshBooks data just like with a database
Power of SQL
dotConnect for FreshBooks allows you to perform SQL queries against your FreshBooks data. Use SQL statements to work with FreshBooks accounts, contacts, leads, contracts, products, campaigns opportunities, and other objects.
Our provider offers full CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) support and allows you to get FreshBooks data with SELECT statements and manage data with INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.
No need to study and use complex FreshBooks API, just use familiar SQL statements. You may use complex JOINs, WHERE conditions, etc. - all the SQL benefits, not available with FreshBooks API.
Entity Framework Support
dotConnect for FreshBooks allows you to access FreshBooks data via Entity Framework - Microsoft's recommended data access technology. It supports Entity Framework v4, v5, v6, and Entity Framework Core, and enables you to use the following Entity Framework features with FreshBooks data:
- LINQ to Entities (no need for FreshBooks API)
- Entity relations with lazy/eager loading
- No need to post each edited/created object separately - a single SaveChanges() call to persist all the changed objects
dotConnect for FreshBooks provides enhanced Entity Framework support for FreshBooks data with a bundled visual designer for ORM models with Visual Studio integration - Entity Developer. Standard Visual Studio Entity Data Model designer is also supported.