Download Korzh EasyQuery .Net for ASP.Net v5.3.8 (12 May 2020) + License Key
If in short, EasyQuery - a set of components that allow you (as a developer) to implement a functional, user-friendly query builder in your application.
Any modern application typically operates with a certain set of data. Here we are talking about almost any type of applications: the classic desktop programs, web applications or applications for different mobile platforms.
All functionality of any program can be divided into two main components: either it is data entry or retrieval. If the first part is more or less clear, the second involves many different aspects: it is searching, sorting, filtering, reporting, statistics, etc. One thing unites all these subsystems: the users usually require some way to specify what data they need. For example: for what period, for which client, product, employee, etc. Most often, program data are stored in a kind of relational database (SQL Server, MySQL, Access, SQLite, etc.) and support the SQL query language, or some variation of it (HQL, Entity SQL, etc.). Besides, in recent years so-called No-SQL databases become very popular. Many of them have their query languages.
Regardless of the database type and the query language is a programmer’s task to implement a convenient UI for search and filtering data in the program.
Usually it looks like the following:
- The user enters some values which will define the search criteria. For example, a phone number or a client’s ZIP code.
- The program builds a query using these values, executes the query and displays the result to the user.
In this scheme, a set of fields on which to search and query itself remains the same. Only the values of some query parameters can be changed. If you need to add in a search some new attributes (for example, to search additionally by client’s email or address), then it will be necessary to make some changes in the program - add fields on the form, modify the SQL statement in the code, etc.
The solution of the problem is obvious: you need to give your users a possibility to build their queries, with any attributes and search criteria.
There is a class of programs, called "query builders" which solve this problem. However, most such programs are not suitable for regular users since they require some understanding database principles (tables, joins, primary/foreign keys, etc.). Also, these solutions usually offered as standalone programs that require installation and can not be called from your application.
To solve the above problems we developed EasyQuery library.
It is a set of components that you can embed in your program. At the moment, there are several editions of EasyQuery for different platforms: Windows Forms, ASP.NET WebForms, ASP.NET MVC, WPF, Silverlight. EasyQuery components offer a user-friendly, and (also crucial) unified query builder UI for your applications.
Saying "user-friendly" for query builder we mean the following:
- Users operate the concepts that are familiar to them. For example: "Company name" instead of "customer.com_name" or "start with ..." instead LIKE 'A%'
- For each search attribute, you can specify a set of valid values. The user will only need to select the value (s) from this list, instead of typing it manually.
- The query itself is presented to the user as a phrase in a natural language, which he/she can modify visually (add a new statement or modify the existing ones).
- Any query condition can be temporarily disabled (without removing) to see how the result data set will change after that.
- And a lot of other little things that make it easier for users to find the data they need.
EasyQuery is easily configured to work with any database and with a plurality of different query languages. Any query built by users with EasyQuery can be easily saved to a file or database and then loaded back when necessary.
Ad-hoc query builder is a useful addition to WebForms and MVC web-app that requires some functionality for advanced searching and/or filtering. EasyQuery ASP.NET components provide your application with a powerful and easy-to-use interface for visual query building. It helps your users build their own queries and reports without the necessity to call for additional assistance or to contact your support team.
- All kinds of ASP.NET projects are supported: WebForms, AJAX, MVC.
- Friendly, natural language query builder UI: users do not need to know about your tables, links, fields or any other DB-related things.
- Programming language: C# (can be used in VB.NET or any other .NET language as well).
- Supported databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or any other database as well as object-relational-mapping solutions (like Entity Framework)
- Supported .NET framework versions: 2.0 and higher.
EasyQuery lets you simplify the development of:
Have you ever heard from your customer: "We need to change 3 reports and create 5 new"? Have you calculated the time and energy spent on all these trifles?
With EasyQuery you may answer: "Do it yourself, m... mister!" Just give them the ability to build/change queries for reports, save and load them, draw charts and export results.
You don't even need to build such an application yourself! Using our EasyReport Starter Kit you will get prepared multi-user reporting application with full source code.
Advanced search form
What if your users need to search by many different parameters and in various combinations? Typical search form looks like a mess of different controls related to one database field each. It may occupy the full screen but even in this case it may not cover all possible combinations of conditions.
Do your users fated to use such an ugly forms? Not with EasyQuery!
The EasyQuery interface is laconic and intuitive, it allows to build almost any combination of conditions your users could wish for.
Data filtering UI
Whenever you show the grid with more than several rows of data, your users may need to filter the data somehow. Usually, you don't know how exactly they need to filter the data. Let them use EasyQuery and relax! They will do the job easily and will be happy.
Simple text search
Querying the data is relatively easy if know what and where you want to search. But what if you don't?
Imagine that you need to find any mention of some word or phrase through the whole database, in any possible field. Moreover, you may want to limit the searchable data by some criteria.
With EasyQuery you are one step away from success.
See our short video that demonstrates how to implement such a scenario in 5 minutes.
DOWNLOAD NOW !