Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 with SP2 ISO
Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) 2016 builds on the identity and access management capabilities of Forefront Identity Manager. Like its predecessor, MIM helps you manage the users, credentials, policies, and access within your organization. Additionally, MIM 2016 adds a hybrid experience, privileged access management capabilities, and support for new platforms.
With MIM, an organization can simplify identity lifecycle management with automated workflows, business rules and easy integration with heterogeneous platforms across the datacenter. MIM enables the organization to have the right users and access rights for Active Directory for on-premises apps, and Azure AD Connect can then make available in Azure AD for Office 365 and cloud-hosted apps. Common MIM scenarios include:
- Automatic identity and group provisioning based on business policy and workflow-driven provisioning
- Integration of the contents of directories with HR systems and other sources of authority
- Synchronizing identities between directories, databases, and on-premises applications through common APIs and protocols, Microsoft-delivered connectors, and partner-delivered connectors
The current releases under mainstream support are MIM 2016 Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 (SP2). Customers running FIM or MIM versions prior to MIM 2016 SP1 should upgrade to MIM 2016 SP2 or a later hotfix.
Microsoft regularly delivers updates to MIM, including enhancements for customer requests and bug fixes, on an ongoing release cycle.
Updates in MIM 2016 SP2
MIM 2016 Service Pack 2 is a rollup of existing hotfixes since MIM 2016 SP1. It also introduces the option to configure use of Group Managed Service Accounts for MIM Synchronization Service and MIM Service, and enables MIM to be deployed with other updated platform software. More details could be found in MIM 2016 Version Release History
What is Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM)?
Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) helps you manage the users, credentials, policies, and access within your organization. It does this using
- A web portal for password resets, group management, and administrative operations;
- A web service that implements identity management functionality; and
- A synchronization Service that synchronizes data with other identity systems.
MIM 2016 provides new features such as:
- Privileged Identity Management, which controls and manages administrative access by providing temporary, task-based access to sensitive resources.
- New functionality in certificate management
- Certificate Management REST API Reference
- Support for multi-forest topologies.
- A Windows app for virtual smartcard
- Updated events and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Account Unlock and Azure MFA (multifactor authentication) gate for Password Reset.
Why do you need MIM?
Compliance…Your organization needs to ensure appropriate access to resources across different technologies. This is becoming more important as your organization works with both customers and vendors that require stricter security around managing their data.
Reducing support costs…Your organization has multiple sources of identity information, and these sources need to be kept in sync with each other, and more importantly with a system or record that defines what is current. You need an easy-to-use system for setting and resetting passwords and setting multifactor authentication (MFA). Your organization needs to delegate responsibility for managing some identity data.
Identity integration… Much of your organization’s identity data lives on different systems, some of which (like Azure AD) may be outside of your organization. This data needs to be integrated with your on-premises identity data sources.
Authentication management…You need to manage other forms of identity authentication such as smartcards or software certificates.
Authorization managment…You need more granular control over administrative access to identity data sources
Business-critical needs…Your organization has business workflows that must change identity data, such as last name or employment status.
How can B2B help?
Here at B2B, our consultants can help you
- Recommend solutions for integrating Microsoft Identity Manager with new and existing identity providers and their dependent data sources
- Create configure, and support test and production MIM environments
- Train IT admins and power users in the use of Microsoft Identity Manager’s many components such as the self-service and password reset portals
- Build custom solutions to support business-specific identity management requirements.
Technologies For Identity & Security
- Identity & Security
- Advance Threat Protection
- Azure Active Directory
- Data Loss Prevention
- Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Microsoft Identity Manager
- Microsoft Intune
DOWNLOAD NOW !