The TatukGIS Developer Kernel (DK) is a professional grade geospatial SDK (Software Development Kit ) for custom developing stand-alone, client-server, web server, embedded, and mobile applications. It is ideal for adding GIS functionality to already existing products, porting software applications from less attractive geospatial technologies, and developing custom GIS applications from scratch.
The Developer Kernel is available as multiple product editions designed for different development environments, frameworks, and operating systems:
- Embarcadero RAD Studio (Delphi/C++) for FMX (FireMonkey) framework, for Windows (32 and 64 bit), Apple macOS and iOS, and Android applications
- Embarcadero RAD Studio (Delphi/C++) for VCL (Visual Component Library) framework, for Windows (32 and 64 bit) applications
- Microsoft .NET for WinForms and WPF frameworks, for Windows (32 and 64 bit) applications
- Microsoft ASP.NET Web Forms, for web GIS applications
- Java (Swing), for Windows (32 and 64 bit), Apple macOS, Linux, and Raspbian (Raspberry Pi) applications
- Microsoft ActiveX, for Windows applications
Each edition reflects essentially the same object API, framework, and technology, enabling portability across development platforms and operating systems. (See comparative code example.)
Used by customers in dozens of countries and a wide range of industries, the TatukGIS Developer Kernel is known for performance, rich and logical API, cross-platform optionality, native support for most geospatial data formats, state-of-the-art support for coordinate systems, 3D visualization, compliance with many open standards, and reasonable licensing.
For enterprise solution development, each DK edition is available as an Enterprise version adding support for advanced spatial databases: Oracle Spatial & Oracle GeoRaster, PostGIS, Microsoft SQL Server Spatial, ESRI ArcSDE, IBM DB2 Spatial Extender, IBM Informix Spatial DataBlade, Sybase SQL Anywhere Spatial, Geomedia, etc.
Licensing is per developer and free of deployment royalties and run-time fees.
The Developer Kernel for .NET edition is a pure .NET WinForms and WPF SDK for custom GIS .NET development using C#, VB.NET, Oxygene, and other .NET compatible languages. The DK.NET edition is available as a standard and Enterprise version.
The DK.NET object API is essentially the same as the other Developer Kernel product editions, except for differences reflecting the different technologies.