VisualSVN is a professional grade Subversion integration plug-in for Visual Studio.
Key benefits of VisualSVN are:
- Unbeatable reliability: Visual Studio will never crash or hang because of VisualSVN.
- Seamless integration: VisualSVN automatically handles added or renamed files and reflects these operations to Subversion.
- Real-time status: VisualSVN carefully tracks and displays all the current changes made to your working copy.
- Short learning curve: VisualSVN utilizes TortoiseSVN dialogs and provides a smart wizard to put your sources under Subversion.
The professional grade Subversion integration
VisualSVN has won a Visual Studio Magazine 2013 Gold Readers Choice Award and it was recommended in the MSDN Magazine's Toolbox. VisualSVN has reached 750,000 downloadsand it is currently used by thousands of companies around the world, including such Fortune 500 companies as Chevron, GlaxoSmithKline and Kroger. Learn more...
Out-of-process unmanaged code execution
All Subversion operations are performed out of the Visual Studio process. Common operations such as Commit or Update are performed using the TortoiseSVN dialogs. Other unmanaged code is executed in a pool of separate worker processes. This out-of-process model provides the proof that Visual Studio will never crash or hang because of VisualSVN.
Free Community License
VisualSVN Community License is a free of charge license that allows to use VisualSVN on any computer which is not a member of an Active Directory domain. Community License permits commercial use and is ideal for freelancers, students and hobbyists. Learn more...
Version 6.1.1 (March 30, 2018)
- Updated to OpenSSL 1.0.2o with cumulative fixes for the following vulnerabilities: CVE-2017-3735, CVE-2017-3736,CVE-2017-3737, CVE-2017-3738, CVE-2018-0739.
For further details, please see the OpenSSL 1.0.2 Series Release Notes.
- Fixed: Quick Commit may fail with the "Inconsistent line ending style" error message.
Version 6.1.0 (March 13, 2018)
- Quick Commit: new 'Commit This Block' and 'Commit Selection' commands allow you to make partial commits.
- Updated Expat XML parser to version 2.2.0.
- Fixed: deleting a file from .NET Core project is not properly tracked to Subversion.
- Fixed: Quick Diff may work incorrectly for UTF-8 files without BOM.
- Fixed: VisualSVN context menu is not displayed in code editor for JSON files.
- Fixed: missing 'Cleanup Working Copy' and 'Upgrade Working Copy' commands in the Open Folder mode.