Database Workbench offers a single development environment for developing with multiple database engines. With database engine specific functionality, powerful tools and a consistent, clear and intuitive user interface, Database Workbench will increase your productivity from the moment you start using it.
Data Model Design
- Design and develop from a single conceptual data model to the different DBMS specific physical models.
- Reverse engineer existing databases to print graphical overviews.
- Create sub-diagrams for clarity in complex databases, to group tables related to specific functionality.
Visual Object Editors and Modern Code Editors
- Create and modify databases objects in graphical editors, no need to remember specific SQL syntax.
- The editors allow you to easily create database objects, copy DDL statements, duplicate objects, browse data and much more.
- Across different DBMS-modules, Database Workbench has a consistent user interface and offers modern code editor features.
Stored Routine Debugging
- Debug Stored Procedures, Stored Functions, Packages and Triggers in your database.
- Execute a routine step by step and use "trace into" to see what's going on.
Many productivity tools are available:
- Two-Way Visual Query Builder
- SQL and Parameter Insight
- Code and SQL Catalogs
- Object and Code Templates
- Drag and Drop Objects
Database Compare and Migration
- Compare development with production databases and get a "change script".
- Compare databases, even across different database systems, with automatic data type and default function mapping.
- Migrate meta data structures from one database system to another.
Transfer, import and export data
- Database Workbench includes a datapump tool to quickly transfer data between databases and even any ODBC or ADO data source.
- You can also import and export data, including but not limited to, CSV files. Large files (over 2GB) are supported.