Entity Developer Overview
Entity Developer is a powerful ORM designer for ADO.NET Entity Framework, NHibernate, LinqConnect, Telerik Data Access, and LINQ to SQL. It introduces new approaches for designing ORM models, boosts productivity, and facilitates the development of database applications.
Become More Productive with Entity Developer
Design your data access layer visually, via drag-n-drop, and then generate code automatically. Or simply generate a model from a database or vice versa in a couple of minutes.
Do Less Mistakes
Automating data access layer generation helps you do less mistakes in your code. Our code generation templates are used for years and utilized by hundreds of users.
Devart develops solutions for .NET Data access for 15 years, and our ORM designer is 9 years on the market. It is a professional tool, created by experienced developers and designed to make you more productive.
Visual Designer for a Variety of .NET ORMs
Entity Developer can help you design models for various .NET ORMs in one unified interface. You can get support for all ORMs in one tool, or you may purchase a separate edition, working with one of the supported ORMs.
Entity Framework v1-v6
For Entity Framework v1 - v6 our designer offers much more design and code generation features than EDM designer.
Entity Framework Core
Design Entity Framework Core models visually. Get model-first and database-first support with a lot of settings.
Edit NHibernate models visually, generate XML, fluent, or Loquacious mapping and configuration for NHibernate 3 or 4.
LINQ to SQL
Design LINQ to SQL models visually. Get better model-first and database-first support and easily apply model changes to database.
Actively supported Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM with more features comes with Entity Developer as its ORM designer.
Telerik Data Access
Design models for the latest Telerik Data Access version visually and generate code-only mapping.
Feature-Rich Designer with Powerful Code Generation
- Seamless Visual Studio integration
- Support for Model-First and Database-First
- Visual creation for nearly all kinds of mapping
- Applying model changes to database or vice versa
- Powerful model refactoring
- Optimized work with large models
- Design-time LINQ/ESQL/HQL query execution
- Viewing and editing of data in source tables
- Background model validation
- T4 template-based code generation
- Lots of predefined templates
- Generation of C# or VB code
- File per class, partial class generation
- Custom attributes support
- Custom template support
- Template editor with syntax highlighting
- High quality of generated code
- Highly customizable generation
Entity Developer Features:
Entity Developer offers a number of visual designer tools and code generation features to help you design ORM models faster and generate professional and extensible code for them.
Wide Mapping Support
Edit nearly any kind of mapping for all the supported ORMs visually.
- Visual editors for classes, properties, complex types, enums
- Support for various kinds of inheritances and associations
- Mapping CRUD operations to stored procedures
- Create methods from stored routines or command texts
- Visual editing of a storage part of Entity Framework v1-v6 models
- Table splitting, entity splitting, query views
- and many more...
Database-First Approach Support
Easily generate a model from a database and apply database changes to the model. Switch to model-first whenever necessary.
- Generate a model from a database in a few clicks
- Apply changes of the database schema to the model
- Configure generation with lots of various options
- Flexibly configure naming of generated classes, members, and methods
- Get from database to ready-to-use code in minutes
Model-First Approach Support
Create a model and then generate a database from it automatically. Apply model changes to the database without losing data where possible.
- Generate a database from a model in a few clicks
- Specify a default set of properties to be added to each new entity
- View, select, and apply model changes to the database
- Flexibly configure naming of generated tables and columns
Visual Studio Integration
Entity Developer is seamlessly integrated into Visual Studio; however, if you don't have Visual Studio, you still can use Entity Developer as a separate application.
- Design model directly in the IDE
- Visual Studio 2008 - 2017 support
- Refactoring integration
- Code is generated when you save the model
- Errors in model are displayed in Visual Studio Error List
- Model diagrams, template editor behave like usual IDE documents
- Documentation is integrated into Visual Studio documentation
Powerful Model Refactoring wizard allows you to quickly configure mapping aspects that cannot be automatically generated from database. It allows you to create:
- inheritance hierarchies,
- complex types,
- table splitting
in just a couple of clicks.
Optimized Work with Large Models
Entity Developer is optimized to ensure comfortable and efficient work with large models, containing thousands of entities.
- Highly optimized metadata retrieving
- Split model into several thematic diagrams
- Fast code generation
LINQ Query Execution against Models
Execute LINQ, Entity SQL, or HQL queries (depending on the ORM used) without the need to finish your application.
- Test your model at design-time
- Preview the returned data and browse related entities
- View and edit data of the database tables directly
Template-Based Code Generation
Template-based code generation system in Entity Developer can satisfy even the most demanding developers.
- Generate C# or Visual Basic code
- T4-template based code generation
- Editable templates
Wide Choice of Predefined Templates
Entity Developer offers a large set of predefined templates for generating C# or Visual Basic code for various needs.
- Templates for POCO or persistence aware classes
- Fluent or XML mapping
- Templates for DTO classes
- Templates for Data Annotation Metadata
- Templates for WCF RIA Service
- MVC controller and view templates
- And more...
Flexible Generation Settings
Entity Developer allows you to configure code generation to a large extent with template properties, custom attribute support, extended properties for model objects, etc.
- Generate all classes to one file or file per class
- Configure project folders to output files
- Generate extensible partial classes with code behind
- Configure generation with template properties
- Specify attributes to use for model objects
Custom Templates Support
Even if the standard Entity Developer code generation is not enough for you, you can achieve virtually anything by creating your own custom templates, even generate code for other programming languages.
- Convenient template editor with syntax highlight
- Store templates with model or in ED resources
- Add properties for model objects that affect generation
- Get unlimited generation capabilities