FastReport.Net is a full-featured reporting solution for Windows Forms, ASP.NET, MVC and .NET Core. It can be used in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005-2017. Supports .Net Framework 2.0-4.x, .NET Core 2.0
FastReport.Net - report generator for ASP.NET, MVC and .NET Core
With FastReport.Net, you can create application-independent .Net reports. In other words, FastReport.Net can be used as a standalone reporting tool.
- Includes powerful visual report designer for creating and modifying the reports. Your application can run the designer from the code.
- Includes online report designer for ASP.Net (only in Enterprise edition)
- Connect to any database, use any of its tables or create queries
- Add dialogue form(s) to your report to prompt for parameters before running a report
- Using built-in script you can manage the interactions with dialogue form controls and perform complex data handling
- Finally, view the result and print or export it to many common document formats
- FastReport.Net is written in C# and contains only managed code. It is compatible with .NET Framework 2.0 and higher. .NET Framework 1.x is not supported
- Full source code is available. FastReport.Net can be customized to suit your needs
- Object Map. You can add geographical maps to your report.
- Support the clouds. FastReport.Net can save reports to one of three services: Google Drive, DropBox and SkyDrive.
- Reasonable price and licensing policy. At a reasonable price you get a full-featured reporting solution with royalty-free runtime report engine and a designer!
- Extendable FastReport.Net architecture allows you to create your own objects, export filters, wizards and DB engines. If existing features are not enough for you then extend them!
- Supports RDL format - import and export. RDL vs. FastReport.Net comparison table
- Imports Crystal Reports templates. Crystal Reports vs. FastReport .NET comparison table.
- Very compact and really Fast!
- Reasonable price and licensing policy. At a reasonable price you get a full-featured reporting solution with royalty-free runtime report engine and a designer
- FASTREPORT®.NET works with data from ADO.NET data sources. It can sort and filter data rows, use master-detail relations and look-up data columns. Everything can be done with a few mouse clicks
- Direct connect to ADO, MS SQL or xml-based databases. Other connectors available as plug-ins
- Ability to get data from business objects of IEnumerable type
- Report can contain data sources (tables, queries, DB connections). Thus you can not only use application-defined datasets but also connect to any database and use tables and queries directly inside the report
- Using visual query builder you don't have to learn the SQL language to create a complex query involving several data tables
- FASTREPORT®.NET has a built-in script engine that supports two .NET languages, C# and VB.NET. You can use all of the .NET power in your reports to perform complex data handling, manage the interactions with dialogue forms and much more
- Report can contain dialogue forms to prompt for parameters before the report is run. Dialogue controls have a built-in data filtering feature that allows you to view the data from a report data source and filter it in a few mouse clicks, all without writing a line of code
Visual Report Designer
- FASTREPORT®.NET does not use the MS Visual Studio IDE to create and modify reports like many other reporting tools do. Instead, it contains a powerful visual report designer that supports zooming, undo/redo, guidelines and rulers. It has a fully customizable interface with a MS Visual Studio look. The report designer can be integrated into the run-time, so you can give your users the ability to modify existing reports and create new ones. The integrated report designer is run-time royalty-free
- The Report Structure control visualizes the logical structure of your report. It helps you to better understand the report (especially if you are not its author)
- Standard Report Wizard. In 5 steps create a well-formed, ready-to-use report
- Label wizard supports most label types and helps you create label reports in a few mouse clicks
- The Report Designer can be used in MDI (Multi-Document Interface) mode to allow working with several reports at the same time
- Visual online web report designer works on any platform (Professional edition only).
- FASTREPORT®.NET is a band-oriented report generator. There are 13 types of bands available: Report Title, Report Summary, Page Header, Page Footer, Column Header, Column Footer, Data Header, Data, Data Footer, Group Header, Group Footer, Child and Overlay. In addition, sub-reports are fully supported. A wide range of band types allows you to create any kind of report: list, master-detail, group, multi-column, master-detail-detail and many more
- Wide range of report objects available: text, picture, line, shape, barcode, matrix, table, rich text, checkbox and chart
- Reports can consist of several design pages, so allowing reports to contain a cover, the data and a back cover, all in one file
- The Table object allows you to build a tabular report with variable number of rows and/or columns, just like in MS Excel. Aggregate functions are also available
- Powerful, fully configurable Matrix object that can be used to print pivot tables
- Powerful Chart object that uses Microsoft Chart for .Net (based on Dundas charts). More than 30 series types, 3D support, powerful data processing features and much more
- FastReport.Net uses GDI+ rendering, so you can use all the nice GDI+ features such as smooth fonts and graphics, semi-transparent fills and gradients. This will help in creating visually appealing reports
- Report inheritance. You have many reports with common elements such as titles, logos or footers? Place all the common elements in a base report and inherit all other reports from this base
After report preparation
Report Preview Window
- Handy MS Word-style preview window
- Ability to search text in the prepared report
- Ability to modify the prepared report pages
- Navigation in the preview window. When you design a report, you can define elements that will form a document outline. The outline is displayed in the preview window. When you click an outline item the preview is scrolled to the specified item. You can also define active items that respond to mouse clicks. This can be used to navigate to another report element or to an external URL
- Interactive reports. You can define an action that will be performed if a user clicks an object in the preview window. For example, you can build and show another report with detailed information about the item that was clicked
- Rich printing abilities: divide large pages into several smaller ones, print several small pages on one large one, print on a specified paper size using scaling. You need to print an A3 report on an A4 printer? It's not a problem anymore!
- Add watermarks to your report with minimal effort
Export filters and delivery
- Export filters allow you to export your reports to many supported formats with different parameters: PDF (compatible with PDF/A-2a, PDF/A-2b, PDF/A-3a, PDF/A-3b), Rich-Text, Excel (XLSX), Word (DOCX), Power Point, HTML, MHT, XPS, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, TXT, CSV, Open Document Format (ODT, ODS, ODP), XAML, Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), DBF, PPML and so on.