Gammadyne Centurion Setup v29.0
Ready to distribute your software masterpiece? Don't wrestle for weeks with a complicated installation builder. Spend just a few minutes with Centurion Setup, and it will build a professional software installer for Windows in a self-contained, compressed executable. It supports multiple languages, interface customization, DLL installation, patching, password protection, and much more.
Centurion Setup creates executable installation programs that are self-contained in a single file. A single file is easily downloaded, requires no software such as WinZip to decompress, and ensures that all installation files are present.
The installer's overhead is only 960 KB and the compression engine achieves a very high compression ratio. You will be amazed at how small Centurion Setup can make the installer. A small installer will reduce load on your web server and reduce the number of failed downloads.
Centurion Setup can optionally provide support for uninstalling the product. The user will be able to uninstall the product by one of the following methods:
- The "Add/Remove Programs" option in Control Panel.
- A Start Menu shortcut (optional).
- A Desktop shortcut (optional).
Multilingualism and Interface Customization
The installer is capable of presenting the user interface in English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, and Afrikaans. All strings that are displayed in the user interface can be edited. Entire languages can be added.
Shared File Support
The installer can install operating system DLL's (such as those required by Visual Basic). If a DLL is currently in use, the user will be instructed to reboot the computer to complete the installation. Version and date checking is performed on DLL's according to Microsoft guidelines.
The installer can install reference counted shared files in a company directory. Shared files can be used by multiple applications, and are only replaced by more recently dated files. Only when uninstalling the last program using a shared file will the file be uninstalled.
The installer can install an association between a file type and one of your programs, like the way .TXT files are associated with Notepad. Once the file type is associated, the user can double click on any file of that type to launch your program. Or, the user can right click on the associated file for a menu of options.
If there happens to be an existing association for the file type, the installer will create a backup that is restored by the uninstaller. Also, you are permitted to install context options for a common file type, such as .TXT files.
- Centurion Setup and the installers that it creates run on all versions of Windows® 10, 8, 2012, 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, NT4, ME, 98, and 95, including 64-bit versions.
- Installers created by Centurion Setup may be distributed completely royalty-free.
- A Centurion Setup installer is bullet-proof and extremely reliable. You will never get a complaint from a customer that the installation program has crashed.
- Can install Device drivers, Control Panel extensions, and .MSI packages.
- COM files can be installed and registered with the operating system. This includes ActiveX controls and .TLB type libraries.
- Registry keys and values can be installed and uninstalled. For user-specific data, a separate value can be installed for every user.
- To satisfy special needs, a batch of MS-DOS commands can be executed before and after both installation and uninstallation. Another batch can be run after the installer exits, perhaps to launch a custom configuration program.
- The installer can add exceptions to the Windows Firewall.
- Centurion Setup's installers can be digitally signed. Uncheck the "Use Checksums" box on the Build branch so that the installer will not report that it has been damaged.
- A restore point can be created before installation.
- The installer can install to a default location or ask the end-user where the files should be installed.
- The installer can create Desktop and/or Start Menu shortcuts to any installed file. Desktop shortcuts can optionally be placed in a folder. Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts can optionally be made available to all users or only the user who installed the product.
- Any installed file can be configured to open during bootup.
- A patch installer can be created. Centurion Setup can automatically determine what files have changed and should therefore be included in the patch.
- The installer can display an image in the background, a solid color, or a transition from one color to another. The background can optionally cover the taskbar, or leave it visible. There can even be no background at all.
- After the installer is built, it can be automatically placed in a .ZIP file.
- The installer can require the end-user to enter a password before installation can begin.
- The installer can be encrypted with a random key. If a virus scanner is producing a false positive, simply rebuild the installer.
- The installer can be bloated (with random data) to any size to help discourage piracy.
- The installer can refuse to install on certain platforms, such as Windows 2000.
- Fonts can be installed and registered with the Operating System so that they are available to all applications. The end-user can be given the option to keep the font during uninstallation.
- The installer can replace locked files during the next reboot.
- Installers can be set to expire after a certain date. After the expiration date, the installer will no longer install.
- Both 32 and 64 bit applications are supported.
- The installer can loosen the security settings of the product's directory so that all users will have rights to use it.
- The installer verifies its intergrity to ensure that it has not been damaged, altered, or infected by viruses.
- The installer can delete existing files based on date or size criteria. This can be useful when installing over old versions of your software.
DOWNLOAD NOW !