SQL DXP for Oracle and MySQL v220.127.116.11 (30 Apr 2020) + Patcher
What is Tableau Desktop?
Tableau Desktop can compare like for like databases, so Oracle Server to Oracle Server the same way that SQL Delta performs a compare. In addition SQL DXP can compare different database servers and transfer the schema and/or data across different platforms.
Key Features of Tableau Desktop:
- Cross Platform Compare: SQL DXP can compare like for like databases, so Oracle Server to Oracle Server the same way that SQL Delta performs a compare. In addition SQL DXP can compare different database servers and transfer the schema and/or data across different platforms.
- Schema Compare: SQL DXP will convert various objects of the source database into compatible objects for the target database. For example MySQL to Oracle Server converts the MySQL database into a Oracle Server form so the compare is then like for like.
It is important to note that not all objects and properties can be converted. MySQL doesn't support the feature set of Oracle Server however the objects are left as is to show the entire schema of the source database.
- Data Compare: The cross platform data compare can be more closely aligned given common data types. Data compare provides a convenient way to transfer data from two different platforms with a very common use transferring web based MySQL data back into a backend SQL Server database.
- Tabbed Projects: Run two or more projects side by side in separate tabs, whether it's two schema compare projects on completely separate servers or a schema compare and data compare project on the same server.
Because each process is run in separate threads you can be reviewing or even running an update script while waiting for other compare processes to complete.
- Group Projects: You can assign each project to a project groups making organizing your projects easier. You can place all your data compare projects into a data group. Place a specific server group of projects under one group.
- Straight Forward Compare: Comparing two databases is quick and easy. In a new project select your source database target then your target database and click to run your schema compare.
SQL Delta shows an overview of all the objects that are different or not in either the source or target. By selecting each object you can see at the schema level the various differences.
- Comprehensive Project Options: Each schema compare project has a range of options to reduce discovery common differences. For example objects constraints with system names are usually different between source and target and these can be ignored.
- Schema Mapping: For some projects your target schema names (owners) are different to your source schema names. Each compare project has the option to map source schema names to target schema names.
SQL Delta can then optionally automatically change the definitions to use the correct schema name. For example your source database uses "dbo" and your target uses "prod" as the schema name for all objects. Simply map dbo to prod and any script changes will ensure the target object is prod.object instead of dbo.object.
- Comprehensive Search and Filtering: Within the compare results the objects can be filtered based on a range of options. For example hide all objects that are the same is a frequent filter.
Filters can be persisted so whenever you re-run the project the filter is re-applied. This persistence can also be used to preselect or pre-deselect objects which is handy if you have objects in your source that should not be sent to target.
- Filter Schema Load: You can apply a filter to the schema load to exclude objects from loading. For example you could have a set of functions that are part of your source database that are never part of your target database. By adding the load filter you can exclude these functions from the load and therefore the compare.
- Two Click Synchronize: Once the schema compare tab is shown simply click Script to generate the deployment script and then click Execute to apply to the target.
- Report on Compare: SQL Delta can generate an HTML report of the schema compare highlighting the object differences throughout the schema.
- Modify Script Before Deployment: Sometimes it's nice to be able to change the script or add script to the final deployment script. The synchronize script is completely editable plus within project options you can add custom script that is added to the sync script for each deployment.
Click on the link below to download Tableau Desktop NOW!
DOWNLOAD NOW !