IBExpert comes across as a powerful and reliable IDE that targets the development, administration and maintenance of Firebird and InterBase databases.
IBExpert addresses professional database developers that need a comprehensive application that allows them to seamlessly build, monitor, manage and optimize databases.
Designed with full support for Firebird and Interbase, the application automatically assumes that you have one of these or both of these installed on the computer prior to its deployment.
New comers to this IDE can make use of the database demos and tutorial videos that are offered by default during the installation process. These are very helpful aids for less experienced users, although experts could also learn a thing or two about its usage by watching the demos.
IBExpert provides a rich editing environment, allowing for a streamlined workflow that enhances efficiency and maximizes productivity. The quick toolbar alongside a few menus hold all of its features well organized and ready for action.
Highlights include the script executive and the SQL editor, a query builder, a debugger that targets stored procedures, as well as an independent database designer that comes with its own scripting language.
Database performance can be quickly assessed with the aid of the Plan or Performance Analyzer, while database statistics are delivered on the spot. Code completion, diagnostics, various development assistants, as well as options to manipulate and export data to various formats, are only a few of the features that make it appealing.
All in all, IBExpert makes quite the asset for database developers, sporting all that is necessary for turning a programming concept into a valuable database that can make a difference because it has been thoroughly analyzed and tested.
New in version 2012.11.15 (December 21st, 2012)
- SQL Assistant:
- The Description page has been added to display and edit the database description which is stored in RDB$DATABASE.RDB$DESCRIPTION.
- HTML Documentation:
- The database description will be included into the documentation if the Include descriptions... option is enabled.
- Code Formatter:
- Fixed the problem with incorrect formatting of the WITH clause within INSERT and MERGE statements.
- Database Designer:
- [Ctrl] + DblClick on a table or view will open the Table/View Editor for the corresponding table/view in the active database.
- After dropping tables dragged from the Database Explorer, possible references (foreign keys) will be analyzed and added into the database diagram after confirmation.
- Index Editor, Dependencies Viewer, Table Editor / Indices Page
- Added support of index dependencies.
- Script Executive:
- Added support for Before/After metadata change events. Execution of DDL statements will fire before and after metadata event blocks if they are assigned and the Use current connection option is ON.
- Options page: Fire event blocks option added, which affects only the current instance of the Script Executive.
- Options / Environment Options / SQL Script:
- Added the Fire event blocks option.
- Import Data:
- Implemented the missing functionality for import data from text files with fixed column widths.
- Database Restore:
- Now IBExpert analyzes and retrieves error messages from the restore log even if the Verbose option is off. If errors are detected they will be placed into the end of the log and the user will be warned about possible problems.
- Login Dialog:
- Added the Show password checkbox.
- Other minor bug fixes and small improvements.